The essential guide to understanding fertility and improving your pregnancy chances.
The journey to fertility can be daunting and filled with obstacles. In The Expert Guide to Fertility, OB-GYNs Joseph S. Sanfilippo, MD, MBA, and Aarti Kumar, MD, offer the information you need in your journey to achieve pregnancy. They provide an overview of the human reproductive system, describe issues that may impede conception, and explain various medical, surgical, and lifestyle interventions shown to improve one's chances of becoming pregnant. Sanfilippo and Kumar offer important information on:
• A broad variety of assisted reproductive technologies, including in vitro fertilization
• Diagnostic tests and what to expect throughout your fertility journey
• Fertility-preserving options for people diagnosed with cancer and people with recurrent miscarriages, polycystic ovaries, a low egg supply, or endometriosis
• Fertility options for LGBTQ+ readers, single parents, and military personnel
• Adoption, egg and sperm donation, and egg freezing procedures
• Financing options, including tips for working with health care insurers